Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Finance > FN Learning Path
Running the No Appointment Level Funding Report in HRS
OverviewThe No Appointment Level Funding Report should be run for your particular campus, division or department after each nightly preliminary payroll calculation (e.g. Monday morning, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning) of a payroll processing week. The No Appointment Level Funding Report displays the names of new or existing employees that do not have funding properly set up in PeopleSoft HRS for payments being made in the current Pay Run ID. Funding for any employees listed on the report should be entered by noon on the final calc day. The query results display employees who have calculated pay, but are missing Appointment level funding for all of their pay. In the absence of either Appointment or Position-level funding, the salary expense will be distributed to Department-level funding or PRSUSP (Payroll Suspense) Funding.
- Former employees may appear on the report. Refer to Review Paycheck to verify the dates of pay that require funding
- HRS Security Role Required to Run this Query: FI Campus User Funding Reports; also see Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions for Running the No Appointment Level Funding Query
- Navigation path: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer.
- Enter some or all of the report name in the begins with field, UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING
- Click Search
- In the Search Results, locate the query UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING (No Appt-Level Funding Report), and click the HTML link to run the query results in a new browser window/tab or Excel to download as an Excel document.
- The UW_FI_NO_APPT_LVL_FUNDING - No Appt-Level Funding Report new window/tab opens, and lists three required search fields: Pay Run ID, Fiscal Year, Org Dept.
In the Pay Run ID required field, enter the Pay Run ID for the payroll in calc (e.g. 2022BW01A). The Pay Run ID must be in ALL CAPS.
Note: Pay Run IDs begin with the 4-digit calendar year, then BW for biweekly; then the 2-digit month; then an alpha code A, B, or C that represents the first, second or third biweekly payroll of the month.
For a list of Pay Run IDs, refer to the Calendars and Schedules Page, click on the 20XX UW Employee Payroll Calendar.
In order to return query results, a preliminary payroll calc must have been run for the specified Pay Run ID.
In the Fiscal Year required field, enter the four digit fiscal year.
In the Org Dept required field (Organizational Dept -- also known as appointing dept or major dept), enter all or part of the 7-character Org Dept which starts with your campus alpha identifier (e.g. A961120).
If a partial Org Dept is entered, you must use the percent character % as a wildcard (e.g. A96% or A961%).
Note: You can also enter % to run for all departments at all campuses
- To view the query results, click the View Results button.
Note: If you receive the message, "No matching values were found", one of three conditions has occurred:
You neglected to enter information in all three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Fiscal Year, Org Dept), or the Pay Run ID was not entered in ALL CAPS
Your HRS Security access does not allow you to view query results.
Your campus, division, department does not have any employees who are missing either Appointment-level funding or Position-level funding for all or part of their pay period. No further action is needed.
- Funding for any employees listed on the report should be entered by noon on the final calc day. See KB Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS
- Adding or Changing Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense in HRS
- Adding or Changing Position Level Funding for Employee Salary Expenses in HRS
- Finance Report List in HRS
- Funding and Direct Retro Security by Campus in HRS
- Running the Employee Funding Summary Report in HRS
- Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing in HRS
- Pay Group Descriptions in HRS
- Employee Classifications (Empl Class) in HRS
- HR Report List for HRS
- Viewing Employee Job Data Records in HRS