Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Processing the Income Continuation Insurance Missing Enrollment WED Report in HRS
OverviewFaculty, Academic staff, and Limited employees who are covered by the WRS can elect to enroll in Early Income Continuation Insurance (ICI). When they have 12 months of WRS state service, they need to be enrolled in the Regular ICI plan. There are times when Benefit Administrators may forget to cancel the Early coverage and enroll the employee into the Regular coverage - in these cases employees are missing their Regular coverage and may be charged inappropriate premiums. This WED report identifies employees who need their Early coverage waived and enrolled into Regular ICI coverage when the employee has reach 12 months of WRS state service.
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and will be based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if a credentialed user has the security access to fix them.
- Benefits Retro should be triggered by any reprocessed Events in On Demand Event Maintenance. Benefit Administrators must monitor and adjust retro if appropriate the day following when the changes are made to enrollment records.
- A premium adjustment may be needed if the employee was overcharged premiums. If Benefits Retro is not triggered appropriately to return overcharged premiums, a Payline Adjustment will be needed. If you are unable to enter Payline Adjustments, please open a ticket to the UWSS Service Operations to have the Payline entered on your behalf.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Log into HRS. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ICI_MISSING_ENROLLMENT query.
- A current list of employees who are missing Regular ICI (Plan Type 3Z) within the next 6 months will be displayed.
- Click the 'Check to Claim' check box next to the employee you want to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed by section with the date and time noted.
- Click the hyperlink to DISABILITY_BENEFIT for the employee you want to work on.
- You will be redirected to the employee's Disability Benefits page. The Early ICI plan will be displayed first. Click on the View All hyperlink to see all disability Plan Types. Note the Coverage Begin Date for the Early ICI plan coverage, the App Received By date, and the Benefit Plan the employee is enrolled in.
- To avoid inadvertently wiping out any existing enrollments, navigate to Benefits → Enroll in Benefits → Health Benefits and note all Benefit Plans, Coverage Begin Dates, and App Received By dates noted on the screen. If you have dual screen capability - it is highly recommended that you keep the benefit pages for each Plan Type (Health, Life & AD/D, Disability, Savings Plans, Spending Accounts, and Retirement Plans) open in separate tabs from the On Demand Event Maintenance screen so you can refer to the pages as needed should you need to reprocess Events. Navigate to the Life Insurance, Disability, Savings Plans, and Retirement Plans to complete your list of Benefit Plans, coverage levels, Coverage Begin Dates, and App Received By dates for each Benefit Plan the employee has been enrolled in from the date of this Event forward to the present.
- Add an ADM Event to the BAS Activity Table if an Event does not exist for the Coverage Begin Date of the Regular ICI plan. (Reference: Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS)
- Open a new window by clicking on the New Window hyperlink in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Navigate to: Benefits → Manage Automated Enrollments → Events → On Demand Event Maintenance. Enter the employee's Empl_ID and click the Search button or the enter key on your keyboard. The employee's On Demand screen will be displayed.
- Within the ADM Event, change the current election for Early ICI coverage to "WAV" for waive. Verify that the Regular Income Continuation Insurance coverage level matches what the employee had under the Early ICI Coverage and re-enter the Enrollment Code of "Add Coverage," the Enrollment Reason of "New Hire" and the "App Received By" date equal to the date you noted from the screen. (For more information on how to use On Demand Event Maintenance to enroll employees for benefits, reference: Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS . For information on how to reprocess existing Events, reference Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS .)
- Navigate back to the employee's Base Benefit Pages: Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Disability Benefits > enter the employee's Empl_ID and Search. Verify that the Early coverage now shows as waived and the Regular coverage elected as of the Coverage Begin Date of the ADM Event.
- Navigate back to the main HRS screen by clicking the "Home" hyperlink at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the "Completed" checkbox to indicate that you have fixed the error. Your name will appear in the Completed By section with the date and time noted.
IMPORTANT! Any Events from the Event Date forward will now be considered out of sequence. If an ADM Event already exists for the effective date of the Regular Coverage, you will need to ReOpen the Event. If any later dated Events exist, you will need to reprocess those other Events using On Demand to bring all employee records to the present. For more information on how to reprocess existing Events in sequence: reference Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS .
Additional ResourcesRelated KBs:
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS
- Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Entering an Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR) in HRS
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS
- Processing the Income Continuation Insurance Co-Elect Enrollment WED Report in HRS
- Reviewing Retro Benefits in HRS
- UWSHR Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules
- ICI Enrollment Form