Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Time and Labor
Negative Hours when Viewing Payable Time in HRS
OverviewIf an employee's time has been approved and then changes are made to that time, the changed (adjusted) time will create adjustments in Payable Time which are displayed as negative numbers.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions1. Access the Approve Payable Time page by clicking Manager Self Service > Time Management > Approve Time and Exceptions > Payable Time.
- Supervisors and managers will access this page via the My UW portal. Please refer to user procedure HRS Time and Labor - Navigation in Time and Labor for further instructions.
- In the example below, two hours of time per day are approved for this employee.
- After the supervisor or payroll coordinator approved the time, the employee updated their time to reflect the actual hours worked on 07/09/2018 from 2.0 hours to 4.0 hours and on 07/11/2018 from 2.0 hours to 1.0 hour worked.
- After the Time Admin job has run, the supervisor or payroll coordinator looks at the employee's hours in Approve Payable Time, the changed time appears as negative hours. This is to indicate hours have been adjusted after they have been approved.
- In the example shown above, by approving the negative hours, you are approving the taking away of the 2 hour time entry (thus the minus sign) and approving the new changed time entry.
- The supervisor and/or payroll coordinator should approve the negative hours and the time will correctly be processed via the next running of Time Admin.