Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Absence Management > AM Learning Path
Viewing Employee Absence Balances (Manager) in HRS
OverviewThis document will instruct managers on how to view an employee's absence balances.
- The balances are only accurate as of the last confirmed payroll.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Log into the MyUW portal
- All campuses except Madison will log into the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/
- UW-Madison employees will log into the My UW Madison Portal instead at https://my.wisc.edu
- For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging in to My UW System Portal.
- On the Manager Time and Approval tile, click on the Time/Absence Dashboard link.
- Click Absence Balances located under Absence Management Processing in the Links section at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Group ID you would like to view balances for by clicking on the magnifying glass and then selecting the appropriate group.
- Click Refresh Employees.
- Click Select next to the employee whose balances you wish to view.
- Posted and Projected balances will appear for the job listed in the Balances for Job field.
NOTE: This drop down will be grayed out if the employee only has one active job to select.
- Posted Balance shows leave balances as of the last processed payroll
- Projected Balances show beginning balance for the current payroll (matches available balances) minus any absences that have been submitted, approved and have been processed through overnight processing both for the current and future pay periods
- To view absence balances for previous pay periods, change the values in the Balances for Year and Pay Period fields.