Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration

Updating Veteran Status Using Employee Self Service Via My UW Portal


This user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to update their veteran status via My UW Portal.

Process Considerations:

  • Persons of Interest (POI) will not have access to Self-Service

You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:


  1. Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in  Logging into the / System Portal.

  2. Click the Personal Information tile.

  3. 92portalscreenshot.png

  4. Click on Update My Personal Information link.

    portal first page

  5. Select Veteran Status from the menu bar on the left.

    Select Veteran Status from menu of options

  6. Update the Self-Identification section and review the Reasonable Accommodation Notice.
    NOTE: To see definitions for veteran classifications, click the arrow next to Definitions

  7. Click the green Submit button at the bottom.
    NOTE: Depending upon the selection made, you may get a warning verifying that you would like to make the change, click OK.

    Click Submit
  8. Click OK to confirm submission.

    vs verify sumbit

  9. A green successful submission bar will appear briefly at the top of the page.

Additional Resources

Related KBs:

Get Help

  • Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services or HERE for the Office of Technology Services (OTS) Helpdesk if you have any issues with these instructions.

Keywords:veteran status protected self service personal information portal eprofile ofccp HR, Human Resources HR, Human Resources   Doc ID:17674
Owner:Julie P.Group:UW–Shared Services
Created:2011-03-28 18:00 CSTUpdated:2021-02-04 14:00 CST
Sites:UW-La Crosse, UW–Shared Services
Feedback:  0   0