Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Changing Marital Status Using Employee Self Service in HRS
OverviewThis user procedure provides detailed information and instructions for employees on how to change marital status via Personal Summary page.
- Creating a Marital Status change will not automatically change your benefit plans. Please contact your Benefits office.
- POIs will not have access to Self Service.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Login to My UW System Portal using your campus login as described in Logging into the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
- Click the Personal Information tile.
- Click on Update My Personal Information link.
- Click Marital Status in the left menu bar.
- Click the drop down for New Status and select the appropriate option
- Enter the effective date in the As Of field, or use the calendar to select the date.
- Click the Save button in the upper right.
- A green Save was Successful message will appear briefly at the top.
- Adding a Preferred Name Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing an Address Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Phone Numbers and Email Addresses Using Self Service in HRS
- Changing Emergency Contacts Using Employee Self Service in HRS
- Changing Ethnic Groups Using Employee Self Service in HRS