Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Processing the Limited Purpose Flex Spending Account No HDHP WED Report in HRS
OverviewThis WED identifies employees currently elected in a Limited Purpose Flex Spending Account (LPFSA) plan, but is not elected in High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). HDHP participation is a requirement for LPFSA election. This must be corrected by either removing the LPFSA election, or correcting the State Group Health election to HDHP equivalent. All corresponding deductions should also be reconciled.
- The employee must be enrolled in a HDHP and an HSA to be enrolled in Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA).
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
- Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix. Use The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS for additional guidance.
- Click on the UW_BN_LPFSA_NO_HDHP query hyperlink in the Workflow Exception Dashboard (WED).
- A current list of employees who are enrolled into LPFSA but not enrolled in HDHP will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. (Note: Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error.)
- Click the 'Check to Claim' checkbox next to the employee you wish to work with and your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
- Click the FSA_BENEFITS hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
- The employee's Spending Accounts enrollment pages will be displayed.
- Institution Benefit Administrator must contact employee. A guided script email for communication to employees:
You are receiving this email because you have selected an LPFSA for xx/xx/xxxx, but did not make an HDHP/HSA election. Per ETF Guidelines, employees must be enrolled in HDHP and an HSA to be eligible for this plan.
Please respond immediately. You must complete HDHP/HSA enrollment form by end of the business day on xx/xx/xxxx.
If the LPFSA election remains in the system without a HDHP and HSA enrollment within 30 days of qualifying event, then we will remove the LPFSA enrollment.
- NOTE: If the employee meant to enroll in an FSA Medical plan, the Benefit Administrator needs to collect a new application within 30 days of Qualifying Event and then change the Benefit Plan using On-Demand Event Maintenance.
a. Create an FSA Event or reprocess the existing ADM or FSA Event for the same Event Date as the LPFSA enrollment and change the coverage from LPFSA to FSA Medical or remove the LPFSA coverage.
- Please follow these documents for User Procedure steps: Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS, Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS, and Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS.
- If deductions have already been taken for the LPFSA plan, institution Benefit Administrator needs to create a ticket with LPFSA in the subject that will be routed to the Benefits Service Delivery team. Benefits Service Delivery will submit an account closure and audit account request to Optum Financial to refund any contributions and close the account.
- Review Benefit Enrollments in HRS
- Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS