Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > Benefits Administration
Processing the BAS Open Action Required Report in HRS
OverviewBenefit events are created by Address changes, Job Data changes or Benefit Administrators. Events that remain open and have not been processed through to Finalized - Enrolled or Finalized - Prep None prevent other Events from processing and prevents employees from being evaluated appropriately for benefit eligibility and enrollments should changes occur. The BAS Open Action Required report identifies ADM, FSA, or SAV Events that are open and prepared but not Finalized. It will also identify any employees who have an Event with a status of Prepare Error caused by either a missing ABBR or a future dated Event for a time period where no payroll calendars exist in HRS.
- This error report lists all employees with an open ADM, FSA, or SAV Event or employees with an open Event in a Prepare - Error Status. The ADM, FSA, or SAV Event should be Finalized or Voided if not needed. For more information on how to void an Event, please reference: Deleting and Voiding Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS .
- The Prepare - Error issue can be addressed by creating an ABBR if one is missing. Please note that an ABBR must be created for every active employee record. For more information on adding an ABBR, please reference: Entering an Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR) in HRS . This error can also be caused by a future dated Event for which no payroll calendar exists in HRS. To fix a future dated Event error, temporarily close the Event to allow other Events to continue to process. See step 7 below for specific wording of the error messages.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
To the top
- Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
- Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_OPEN_ACTN_REQ query.
- A current list of employees with open events requiring action by Benefit Administrators will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee has a missing or incorrect ICI ABBR.)
- Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
- Click the BAS_ON_DEM_EM hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
- The employee's On-Demand Event Maintenance page will be displayed. Note the open Event requiring action by Benefit Administrators.
- The ADM, FSA, or SAV event should be Finalized by completing the employee's enrollment change or voiding the Event if no enrollment changes are needed. A Prepare Error will give the following two error messages when attempting to process the Event:
Missing ABBR error message: "During benefit rate processing, the system was unable to find an acceptable match between the rate key value for the employee and the rates defined in the benefit Rate Data table. Therefore, a rate could not be assigned and a deduction could not be calculated."
Future dated error message: "Based on the Event date being processed, the Pay-Begin-Date for the next full pay period cannot be determined from PS_Pay_Calendar. Establish the missing periods in the pay calendar."The missing ABBR can be fixed by setting an ABBR for all Empl Rcds. Please refer to Entering an Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR) in HRS for additional assistance. The future dated event can only be temporarily closed since the system will be unable to Finalize until the pay calendar has been setup within HRS. You can temporarily Close the Event by changing the Process Indicator to "Void" and Process Status to "Disconnect."
- Once you have fixed the error, check the Completed checkbox on the WED for the employee listed. Your name and the date and time will appear in the Completed By section. The error will fall off the WED report the following business day.
- The Workflow Exception Dashboard in HRS
- [Link for document 46246 is unavailable at this time]
- Entering an Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR) in HRS
- Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance in HRS
- List of Benefit Events Used in HRS
- UWSHR Website: State Group Life Insurance
- UWSHR Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance