Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Maintaining the Expected Job End Date in HRS
OverviewThis procedure lists the steps to update the Expected Job End Date (EJED) field. This field is used in a nightly process to automatically insert a termination row on Job Data once the EJED passes. If an employee's job is to be extended, users must modify the Expected Job End Date prior to the date passing to prevent this auto-termination.
- Expected Job End Date should not be used in lieu of adding a termination row with an appropriate Action/Action Reason.
- Institutions should use the public query, UW_HR_EXPECTED_JOB_END_DATE ( Running the Expected Job End Date (EJED) Query in HRS), to proactively monitor employees with upcoming expected job end dates to prevent unintentional terminations.
- The monthly Auto Term process runs prior to the first monthly payroll calc and each subsequent monthly calc. For all
expected job end dates through the last payroll end date in the monthly payroll calc, a termination row is entered. If the EJED is changed after this monthly run to a date within the pay period, but after the payroll confirm, the term row won't be inserted with the nightly run until after the payroll checks have been cut. As a result, the employee will be overpaid.
- Institutions should review the nightly EJED term report delivered through Cypress.
- If an employee has multiple jobs and the primary job is terminated due to the EJED, a department will need to change the secondary job to primary using the same Effective Date of the terminated job (Updating the HR Primary Indicator in HRS) and review the employee's Benefits Primary Flag (Rebuilding Benefits Primary Job Flags in HRS).
If the Expected Job End Date is not modified prior to that date passing, a termination row will automatically be added to the Empl Record. The downstream impacts of not proactively changing this date may include termination of all benefits, WRS, and paid leave requiring a manual reinstatement of the employee.
- HRS Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job information > Job Data
- Enter the EmplID of the Employee or first/last name and click Search.
- If necessary, select the employee record.
- Click plus sign to add a new row.
- If necessary, change the Effective Date. Note: The effective date of this row must be prior to the existing Expected Job End Date.
- Click the Action list and select Data Change.
- Click the Reason list and select Change Expected Job End Date from the list.
- Enter the new Expected Job End Date.
- You will receive a pop-up message reminding you to review the Position's Continuity (for example, If the employee's Expected Job End Date was extended, then their Continuity might also need to be changed). Please note that changing an employee's Continuity may result in a change in their eligibility for benefits.
- Click OK.
- Click the Save button.