Topics Map > Applications & Software
Topics Map > Account Security
LastPass setup with Okta Verify
Overview:This KB will give you step by step instructions to setting up Okta Verify to work with LastPass
- This process only works with the Okta Verify app on mobile devices.
- It is not currently possible to configure the Windows/macOS Okta Verify desktop app to work with LastPass
Setup Okta Verify with LastPass
- Upon signing in to LastPass you will be prompted to configure the "Google Authenticator". You do NOT need to download Google Authenticator, Okta Verify can be configured in its place.
- Enter your LastPass UserID and Master Password at the prompt and click on Begin Enabling Google Authenticator.
- When prompted with the QR Code as shown below, open the Okta Verify application on your mobile device. On the mobile Okta app click the plus button near the top right, then click Other, and then Scan a QR code.
- Once the account has been added to Okta Verify, add the code shown to the “Code” field and click on Enable Google Authenticator.
- When logging into LastPass you will be prompted for a Passcode. Open the Okta Verify application on your mobile device and locate the code listed under the LastPass account for this code. Enter it in the “Passcode” field and click on “Authenticate” to log in.