Topics Map > Applications & Software
Topics Map > Account Security
Okta YubiKey Setup
Overview:This document shows the process for requesting a YubiKey and how to use it.
- YubiKeys provide additional protection to your Okta Verify Apps
- Okta requires a 6 digit PIN setup for YubiKeys
Acquiring a YubiKey
You may request a hardware token from Help Desk.
We have two different Yubikeys available, USB-A and USB-C. Both have NFC capabilities
Setup YubiKey with Okta Verify
- Plug your YubiKey into your laptop and let Windows automatically install the drivers.
- Open your Okta user settings on the website:
- Scoll down to the Security Methods section
Click Setup Another Security Key or Biometric Authenticator
- Your browser will ask you for access to the YubiKey. Click OK
- You will then be prompted to setup an additional pin for your YubiKey
- This needs to be at least 6 digits long
- Once added you should see YubiKey under your Security Methods
- Download and launch YubiKey Manager from the Self Service app
- Once open, plug your YubiKey in and follow the setup
- Please set a PIN for your YubiKey if you haven't yet
- Log on to your Okta user settings and check for YubiKey in Security Methods:
- When prompted for a verification method, choose Security Key or Biometric Authenticator
- Follow the onscreen instructions (You may be prompted to reinsert the YubiKey)