Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Initiating Sexual Harassment Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks for Direct Hires
Overview:How to initiate a Sexual Harassment Reference Check and Criminal Background Check for applicants who are not hired through TAM at campuses that utilize TAM.
- WARNING: This process should only be used for applicants hired as 'direct hires' at TAM campuses. Applicants hired through TAM should follow KB Initiating a Criminal Background Check and Sexual Harassment Reference Check in TAM .
- Information gathered with the manual entry requests in HireRight must be manually entered into HRS.
- Sexual Harassment Reference Checks (SHRC) are done through BP Logix
- Criminal Background Reference Checks (CBC) are done through HireRight
- Navigate to BP Logix > SHRC Campus View dashboard
- Click New SHRC Form link in the upper left.
- Select the Campus from the drop down.
- Enter the applicant's First and Last Name.
- Enter the applicant's Email Address.
- Click Submit.
- An email is sent to the applicant to begin the SHRC process.
Sexual Harassment Reference Check Dashboard
- The dashboard is broken up into three different sections:
- SHRC Tasks - Institution forms that require additional attention and are assigned to you
- SHRC Campus Active Process Forms - Institution forms that are in process but not yet completed or cancelled
- SHRC Campus All Forms - All institution forms including those in progress, completed and cancelled
- SHRC Status
- Submitted - the form was manually entered and waiting for UWSS verification prior sending the email to the applicant.
- Applicant Consent - applicant was contacted but no reply, yet.
- Applicant Replied - applicant has completed the form and indicated a private employer, email verification must occur at UWSS prior to the email being sent
- Current/Previous Employer - applicant has completed the form and indicated a private employer, email verification must occur at UWSS prior to the email being sent
- Complete - form has gone through completion (current/previous employer either replied or the request for them has expired)
- Cancelled - form was cancelled by institution after applicant did not reply within 5 business days.
- Needs Review - a 'yes' was answered to one of the SHRC questions. The institution reviewer has been contacted to review and make final decision
NOTE: forms in this status will appear in the SHRC Task items section for institution reviewers
- Applicant Expired - an applicant failed to respond within five business days and institution has been contacted to request continued attempts or cancel request
NOTE: forms in this status will appear in the SHRC Task items section
Initiate Criminal Background Check
- Navigate to HireRight.
- Click New Order.
- Select the correct Campus User group.
- Review the shown job location, if it does not show the location of the main campus, click Select and select the Institution.
- Click Next.
- Select the Package from the Select Packages drop down list.
NOTE: The most common package is 1 - Regents Standard Package, but all packages are compliant per the UW Policy
- Click Next.
- On the Define Order page, click the radio button for Email applicant information.
- Verify the Applicant Information, Campus and Department.
NOTE: Empl ID, Empl Record number and profile sequence should not be entered.
- Click Next.
- Invitation Sent! message will appear, and an email is sent to the applicant.
- University of Wisconsin Criminal Background Check Policy
- University of Wisconsin Sexual Harassment Reference Check Policy
- CBC Applicant Walk Through Video
- SHRC Applicant Walk Through Video