Topics Map > Technology Requests and Hardware > Printers
Add a Printer in Windows 10
OverviewThis document provides instructions on how to add a printer in Microsoft Windows operating system. After the printer has been added, the printer will be available to use.
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner and search for printers. Click on "Printers and scanners".
- Click on the "Add a printer or scanner" button to start searching for available printers and scanners on the UWSS network.
- Once the search is complete, a list of available printers will display.
- Click on the printer you want to add and then click on "Add device" to add the printer.
- The printer driver will automatically start installing. Once complete, the printer will show up in your list of printers and scanners.
Adding a Printer for UWSA
- In "File Explorer", select and open the H: drive or type \\uwsa2k8rgt\shared into the file path folder name.
- Open the "1" folder and then the "Printers" folder to see the following options:
NOTE: Depending on the type of printer and how old the printer is, will determine if it is located on the ‘New Server’ or ‘Old Server.’ All of the Multi-Function Printers (RICOH) will be located on the New Server. Many of the smaller printers will be on the Old Server.
- Select "New Server" or "Old Server" and a list of printers will display. Double-click on the printer you want to add to install the printer driver.
- Once the driver is installed, the selected printer will be ready to print to.
- To add another printer, repeat step 3.