Topics Map > Applications & Software > Document Management & Collaboration
Mapping a Network Drive in Windows 10
OverviewThe following instructions will show how to map a network drive on Windows 10.
- If you are not connected to the internal office network you will need to first connect to the Virtual Private Network (VPN) before mapping a network drive.
- In order to access files on a previously mapped network drive when not connected to the internal office network you will need to first connect to the VPN.
- Navigate to the "Start Menu" and search "This PC".
- In the "This PC" window, select the "Computer" tab from the menu ribbon.
- Click "Map network drive" in the Computer menu panel.
- In the Map Network Drive window, select a drive letter from the drop-down menu. The letters are completely arbitrary–you can choose whichever letter is not currently occupied. In the folder textbox, enter the desired network path. Do not click “Browse…”
- Check "Reconnect at sign-in".
- Click Finish. You will need to repeat this process for each network path you want to map.