Topics Map > Human Resource System (HRS) > HRS Human Resources Administration
Reviewing and Approving eForms in HRS
OverviewThis document will walk through the steps to review, update and approve or deny requests for various eForms within HRS like: Public Health Emergency Leave request, Salary Advance request, International Payroll Wire, Furlough, and Temporary Work Reduction (TWR) Insurance Selections form.
- An employee must initiate the form in HRS. If they are unable to initiate the form, then a paper form must be completed and submitted.
NOTE: Furlough and Temporary Work Reduction (TWR) forms can be submitted on behalf of an employee.
- All forms default to the employee's benefit primary position (except Salary Advance which defaults to primary job) and can not be changed. If additional requests need to be submitted for another position a paper form must be completed and submitted.
- An approver can change all fields on behalf of an employee once the form has been submitted for approval.
- If approvers need to be updated for an institution, please contact the UW-Shared Services (UWSS) Service Operations team.
- If a request is denied an email is sent to the employee and the form is available for the employee to update the form and resubmit.
- Approval for Furlough and Temporary Work Reduction (TWR) is handled at UWSS Service Operations for all campuses except UW Stout and UW Madison.
- Salary Advance Request forms will only work for employees with consecutive furlough entered on Job Data; everyone else will receive an error message.
NOTE: some institutions are not using this form and employees at these institutions will not see the form.
- International Wire Transfer form will appear for all employees. At institutions not using multi-factor authentication (MFA) the form will not open; instead they will see an error message.
- The Telecommute Agreement form can only be viewed by HR Administrators; all changes must be made by the employee and approved by the supervisor.
Click the hyperlink in the email to access the form.
Click Go to Form button.
Review fields to verify that an employee is eligible.
Make any necessary changes to the form in consultation with the employee.
Enter comments (optional) and click Approve or Deny as appropriate.
NOTE: If comments are entered before the form is ready to be approved, click Save Comment.
WARNING: Request Information and Start New Path are not part of the current process, please do not attempt to use these features.
An email will be sent to the employee, notifying them of the request being approved or denied.
Review an Approved Form
Once a form has been approved, it is available for review only by the person who approved the request.
EXCEPT Furlough and TWR Insurance Selection form which can be reviewed by anyone with the UW_UNV_BN_CAMPUS_BN_UPD security role.
- Navigation: Enterprise Components > Forms > Approve/Review a Form
- In the Form field select the form.
- Enter the form sequence number in the Sequence Number field.
NOTE: if you do not know the sequence number, in the Subject field change the criteria to Contains and enter the Empl ID.
- Click Search.
- Click Go to Form to open a read-only version of the form.
- Navigation: MyUW portal > personal information tile > Update My Personal Information hyperlink
NOTE: Navigation occurs through your personal portal, not the employee's.
- Select Telecommute Agreement tab on the left sidebar.
- Click the View a Telework eForm tab.
- Enter search criteria and click Search.
NOTE: Search results will be limited based upon row level security.
Enter a Furlough or TWR Insurance Selections Form on Behalf of an Employee
- Navigation: Enterprise Components > Forms > Search/Fill in a Form
- Click Add a New Value.
NOTE: Find an Existing Value can be used to see all forms that have been started but not submitted and all forms that you submitted. Click on a form in initial status to complete the process.
- In the Form field enter BN_Furl01 (Furlough Insurance Selections) or BN_TWR1 (Temp Work Reduction Insurance Selections).
WARNING: Public Health Emergency Leave form can not be completed using these steps.
- Click Add.
- Your personal information appears in the Name, Empl ID and department field. Replace your Empl ID with the employee's Empl ID.
NOTE: Name and dept will not update until after the record has been saved.
- Enter information on behalf of the employee, including all required fields and insurance selections for the employee's benefits.
- Click Save.
- Verify that Employee name and department updated to correct employee.
NOTE: if the name and department did not update from your information to the employee's then you do not have security to enter forms for other employees on this page.
- Click Submit at the top of the page.
NOTE: The requester can also approve a request, if that is appropriate for the institution. Approval must be completed using steps above.
- Click OK.
Public Health Emergency Leave Query
This query is available as part of the HR Reports (UW_UNV_HR_Reports) Security Role.
Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
Search for Query Name: UW_HR_EFMLA
Select HTML or Excel.
Select Pending, Approved, or Denied from the Approver Status drop down.
Enter Business Unit and/or Approver Empl ID, if needed.
Click View Results.
If the employee has multiple active jobs (excluding SH and NON) a row will appear for each. However, if the person running the report has only institution level security, only records for that institution will appear.
A separate row will appear for each separate comment entered in the approver comment field.